WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE


"Lady Beatrice?"

 

“…”

 

As Roanne opened her eyes, she instantly arose and looked around her surrounding reflexively until the view of the trembling maid beside her appeared. The man is nowhere to be found and the darkness filled the entire place a while ago was now flattered with the yellow sunlight peeking from the window. Sigh. She turned her gazed back straight; she touched her forehead. “What a scary dream. Just what the hell. I have been transmigrated in this novel, but that man who murdered me that night doesn't even know how to stop tormenting her. ”

 

"La— Lady Beatrice?" , Marielle replied with frightened look.

 

Hearing the call of Mariella at her side, she lifted her head and looked again to the fluttered maid.

 

"What are you doing here? Uh— ”, as she stopped.  Without looking in the mirror, she can feel the sweats all over her forehead and neck. " Before answering, can you please bring me a towel?" , with an order tone, but keeping the act that she is Lady Beatrice.

 

"Yes, yes, right away, My Lady." , quickly answered by Marielle. Then, she rushed to get a towel.

 

Now that she is well aware of her real surroundings, a delicious scent reached by her nose. A set of tea cups and sweet colored macarons is well prepared on the table. How long did I sleep? Judging by the yellow light, I guess it is already between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon. It is time for snacks. ”   

 

Then, Marielle returned with a towel at her hand.

 

“Here is the towel, My Lady. Let me wipe your face— "

 

She shook her head and immediately replied, “I can manage myself. Give it to me." . Then, she stretched her hand to Marielle putting an indication that to give the towel.

 

“.. ah but—”

 

"Don't make me repeat myself." Marielle then handed the towel to her Lady.

 

Using the towel, Roanne started to gently wipe her face and neck full of sweats, and returned it back as she finished. Marielle took it then.

 

Being reminded of the reason why Marielle went to the Lady's room, she said "My Lady, I brought you your dessert for this afternoon."

 

“Yes, I have noticed it on the table. Thank you. ”

 

"She thanked me again." , Marielle said to herself slightly bewilderedly as she already experienced it since this morning, and hearing it again, she saw a glimpse of hope that as this strange event continues, maybe, just maybe her relationship as personal maid to her lady will go better.

 

Roanne stood up from the bed and approached the table filled with sweet colored macarons. Marielle followed and started pouring the cup of hot tea and gently put it on near the lady.

 

“My Lady, were you really sure that you do not want to call the physician? It would be good to be sure about your health, and the Marquess and your brother might get worried if it became worst ”

 

“Wait. Did you inform anyone? ”

 

"No, My Lady, I have spilled no one, and the Marquess and your brother are not aware of your schedules as they were busy at this time."

 

"Good." Busy? As I have not yet read the novel, I have no idea about the relation of Beatrice to her family. I think I should gather information first, but how should I do it without getting caught of suspicion that I am not the real Beatrice. “Marielle, the dinner…” she stopped as she thought how should the right approached for her to get information without facing problem.

 

"The dinner, My Lady?" , asked by Marielle.

 

“Ehem. Will I eat dinner with father and brother tonight? ”, She responded hoping that she went smooth with it because she can't think of any way.

 

"Ah— My Lady, the Marquess and your brother are out of the estate right now."

 

"They're not here?"

 

“Yes, My Lady. The Marquess is currently in the imperial palace. He was called by our majesty, the King. He will be staying there for five (5) days.”, Marielle answered confusedly, but she didn’t dwell on it too much due to the prior strange events earlier with her lady.

 

“How about my brother?”

 

“Your brother was already enrolled in his first year and currently attending the university now. He’ll be back this next summer.”

 

What is the day today?” She shook her head as she realized the mistake of her question. “Ah what I mean is how many months ‘til summer? Will you deduce it for me.”, I shouldn’t ask the present day as I might appear odd.

 

“It would be almost nine months, My Lady.”

 

“So, I will able to meet brother after nine months?”, she mumbled to herself, but still reached Marielle’s ears.

 

“Yes, My Lady, but you don’t have to be feel sad as Master Ronald said, it is only a one school year that you two will not be able to meet. Afterall, you will also be attending the university next year.”

 

“Attend?”

 

“Yes, My Lady. By next year, you will become at your twelfth year”

 

“I see.” Judging by Marielle’s statement, it seems that Beatrice has a good relationship with her brother. If it is really  true that the brother said that to Beatrice after leaving the estate, and, in any case, there is no way the maid will lie to her master. And she is even not aware that I am not her real master.  

 

Marielle happily added, “And in the time that you can attend the university, My Lady, you will be able to meet again the young heir, Sir Zeke Audric Aland.”

 

Zeke Audric Aland, the male lead. Roanne flinched by just hearing that name. She was well aware that the villainess always gets her doomed through the hands of the male leads. It is one of the layman’s term to all. Just the mere thought, chill strikes her spine and heartbeat echoed through her veins. Marielle noticed the uneasiness of her lady and misunderstood the situation.

 

“Now that I remember, My Lady, you haven’t written a letter to the young heir Zeke today.”, she well said with calm tone trying to uplift the worries that reflected on her Lady’s face.

 

Lost in thought, she somehow grasped to reply, “Ah yes, the letter.”  “What letter?”

 

****-------****

 

“I should put it on record today, Mr. President.”

 

“What do you mean?”, confusedly replied by the President, Zeke Audric Aland.

 

“Well, there is no letter from Lady Beatrice Delavine Croix for you that arrived today. It has been two weeks since you were studying here in the university, and the beautiful and kind lady never missed a day to send a letter to you even though she hasn’t getting a reply from you.”, said by the Vice President, Alec, and intendedly pressed the word, “Kind”, as he used to describe the lady in which, in reality, far from the real character of the latter.

 

“Shut it, Alec.”, after answering, Zeke glared to Alec. “Just give the documents that you are holding and you can take your rest now. It has been already a long day.”, as he ordered.

 

“I am just quite confused today that Lady—”

 

“I said, shut it.” He scolded. “Rather being confused, is it not that I should find it a blessing from above that the lady took her day off in disturbing my day?”, as he continued.

 

“Yes, as you said, Mr. President.”, still teasingly replied by Alec. “In any case, I will take my leave. I am happy serving you today, Mr. President.”

 

“Yes, thank you for your hard work Alec.”

 

As Zeke was left alone in the Student Council room, he leaned his back in the chair, touched his forehead and released a deep sigh.

 

Well, there is no letter from Lady Beatrice Delavine Croix for you that arrived today.

 

Zeke naturally smiled by the thought that Lady Beatrice did not send him a letter of disturb today. He purposely called it that way because it only caused nuisance for him. Further, the fact that he would be able to get a break for a whole school year from the Lady is rewarding. “There will be no greater than this.”



 Previous: Chapter Two
Next: Chapter 3.1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN Thack!   Lady Beatrice put all the gathered books that caught her interest on the table. She firstly thought that she should...