WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS - Chapter One

 

CHAPTER ONE


“I should have enough money now.”, mumbling to myself while counting the money that I have saved for the entire two weeks of enduring by preventing myself to buy my favorite desserts. Ah finally, the hellish weeks are over.  “Oh my! I can’t wait to get a hold of it.”, saying loudly as I stand from my seat and grab my bag to leave the office.

 

“You seem bright today, Ma’am Scott”, greeted with smile by Lianne Wood, my co-worker, as she sees me leaving the office. “Hmm... might be going on a date, then?” asking with curious eyes and teasing smile.

   

“Do I really look that bright?”, I replied to her with innocent grin. Unfortunately for her expectation, I am just so happy that I would be able to get a hand of my favorite novel that I have been eyeing since the last two weeks, but due to my tight budget, I wasn’t able to buy it instantly.

 

“Curiouser curiouser”, reacted with her teasing smile. “Anyway, take care on your way, then.”

 

“Yes, thank you, Ma’am Wood. Take care also on your way home. Have a joyful weekend.”, as I continued stepping outside with gestured of one small handwave. 

 

Ma’am Wood loves to tease her single co-workers, not for the gossip, but because she doesn’t want them to end up like her who live without a partner in life, and dedicated herself independently. She is just like that. Afterall, she is not the type of person who loves to dig deep in people’s personal matters. She hates gossips with all aspects that I find very comfortable being her co-worker in the office.

 

****-------****

 

“Thank you, Ma’am. Please come again.”

 

“Thank you”

 

As Roanne finally stepped out of the book store, she checked the book again from the plastic and with enthusiasm, embraced it wholeheartedly just like a mother to her baby. Finally, I got a hold of you my baby, as she screamed in her head.

 

It is Friday today meaning tomorrow is a yasumi day! (day off). She already prepared food and drinks at her apartment as she planned to savor ‘til night the new book that she will purchase today.

 

It is already night as she walked alone heading back to her apartment, and only the lamp lights kept the streets looked less scary.

 

Thud!

 

“Ack”, someone bumped her behind that caused her body out of its balance and fell to the ground. With irritation, Roanne looked at the woman who hit and ran without even checking if she was even okay. “What’s wrong with you people today!”, she angrily shouted to the woman dissipating at her view as the unknown woman rapidly run. 

 

Standing up, she noticed that her elbow got bruise. Thankfully, her legs and feet look fine at all, and she can walk with no worry. Then, a shadow behind appeared and as she turned her body to see…

 

Stab. Stab. Stab.

 

“Blah” cough cough. In pain, she unintentionally groaned and blood followed from her mouth. Roanne vomited blood. Then, her body fell to the ground again, but this time, she can’t stand anymore. It hurts. It hurts. It really hurts. The feeling of pain is insufferable. It feels like being punched with internal pressure. Her view is starting to get blurred. She just heard the man, who stabbed her, mumbling to itself, but due to the pressure of pain, her hearing can’t uphold comprehensively what he is trying to say.

 

“I’m sorry. Sorry— I… I thought that— that you are my wife”, the man said trembling with fear and hurriedly threw the knife to the ground. “What… what I- I have done?” crouched on the ground while scratching and pulling his hair like a mad man. “Elise, my wife, how… how did you— you do this to me? I did… I did everything for you.”

 

Roanne felt light sticky liquid oozing out from her body. Oh! my blood. Blood. So, I guess this is my end then, being killed at the age of 27. I haven’t experienced building my own family, Ha! what am I even saying I, myself, don’t have a decent boyfriend, sucks. Hmm... I should have called mom today. I wonder what is she doing right now. Anyway, it is already late. She might be already slept by now. I should’ve listened to her more. I’m sorry. Sorry.

 

As I decided to close my eyes…

..

.

Knock. knock.

 

“Lady Beatrice”

 

With the sounds of knocking and calling behind the door, she opened her eyes. An unfamiliar ceiling came to her view. Her brows frowned. She hurriedly looked around the place while still on the bed. It was a large room with wide glassy window and passing through, a terrace. The bedroom is too big to be compared for a master bedroom size. Overall, the place is emitting a royalty aura as it somehow left historic details to its interior and furniture. The pink color of the pillow, curtains, and blanket is befitting for a princess.   

 

“Ugh! my head.”, Roanne held her both temples. She felt her brain was cracking.  

 

“Lady Beatrice.”, a woman voice came behind the doors.  

 

Unintentionally due to her sudden headache, she loudly questioned the woman behind the doors. “Beatrice? Who is Beatrice?”

 

“Lady Beatrice. May I come in? Your maid, Marielle.”, the woman said not answering to her prior question.

 

“Come in.”, Roanne answered back.

 

Then, the doors opened and a woman came in wearing a typical cosplay maid costume, black dress with white apron. “Good morning, Lady Beatrice.”, Marielle bowed. 

 

Still holding her temples, Roanne asked her. “Who is you calling Beatrice and where am I?”

 

“…”

 

The maid, Marielle, perplexedly gazed at Roanne. “Is there something wrong, Lady Beatrice?”

 

“You are calling me, Lady Beatrice?”

 

“Yes, because you are Lady Beatrice.”, Marielle hesitantly answered her question. Now that Roanne is looking at the said maid, she noticed that her hands are shaking and her body seemed to be stiffened. “Lady Beatrice Delavine Croix.”, as Marielle continued.

 

“Lady Beatrice Delavine Croix?”, as Roanne asked in her head. She slowly examined her body. She noticed her hair is long that would length up to her hips, and with silvery color strands. She was dumbfounded. She tried to touch her face skin. She doesn’t feel any wrinkles. Her arms were slender white and smooth. “I am not old so why do I have this silvery hair.”     

 

“Lady Beatrice?”, spoke to Roanne with shaking hands.

 

“Can you give me a mirror? Please.”

 

Marielle went out to the room and came back with what Roanne ordered her to bring. She handed it gently to Roanne as if her life depended on it.

 

Looking at the mirror, in her line of sight, a beautiful woman with mystery dark blue-sky color eyes and silvery colored hair came into view.  She slowly blinks her eyes making sure that it is really her who was reflecting in the mirror. Smile. Pout. Blinks again. Smile. Blinks again.

 

Marielle, who was near, found the lady strange.

 

As Roanne gazed at the maid after examining herself in the mirror. “Marielle, right?”

 

“Yes, yes my lady?”, Marielle stiffened.

 

“Will you do your usual morning routine?”, Roanne thought it is best that she would be left alone for now for her to grasp the whole situation that she is presently in.

 

“Usual— Ah Yes, I will prepare your bath, my Lady.”, Marielle hurriedly stepped outside the room.

 

When the maid is already out of Roanne’s sight, she consciously embraced herself, curling up on the bed. Her confused mind worsening the headache she felt after waking up. Internalizing, all the memories started to flash in her mind.

 

****-------****

 

Marielle hurriedly headed to the bathroom and prepared the bath for her lady. Her stiffened body and shaking hands were vanished as she went out from her lady’s room. She was scared as she knows very well her master.

 

Just her thinking the cruelty and rude behavior of her master is enough to make one maid shivered, but what happened today was still a very strange phenomenon for her. It seems that the lady doesn’t know who she is. She can’t help herself to start praying that the lady just had a morning lag that’s why she was acting strangely towards to her.

  

* Hope you will enjoy my first decent story. :P


Previous: Prologue
Next: Chapter Two

2 comments:

FEATURED POST

WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN Thack!   Lady Beatrice put all the gathered books that caught her interest on the table. She firstly thought that she should...