WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS - Chapter Two

 

CHAPTER TWO


Huff huff huff. Run. Run. Run fast.

 

“You! You can’t escape from me.”, a man’s voice creepily echoed, and for some reason, it gave off a pressure to effortlessly one’s body to shudder.

 

It is so dark, so dark. A very dark long road. Keeping the pace of my breath as I run, I don’t have any idea who am I running from or where am I going to. All that registering to my mind is I need to run, run as fast as I can. This is so scary. I’m scared. “Please. Mom! Mom! Someone! Please save me.” Huf huf. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I cried. Cried and shouting, “Someone please save me.”

 

“Lady Beatrice, wake up.”, Marielle said with shaky voice towards to her Lady, who still sleeping with cold sweats all over her face. She thought that the Lady seems to be having a bad dream. “Lady Beatrice.”, as she called again.

 

****-------****

 

It is already 3:00 in the afternoon and Marielle is presently in the kitchen to pick up the snacks and to brew tea for her lady. Lady Beatrice should be attending the tea party of Lady Rosalla this afternoon, but due to health conditions, she ordered her to send a letter of apology, which she did, after guiding her lady back to her room. Bewilderedly, she doesn’t still understand why the lady refused her request to call a physician. With all honesty, she is actually having a hard time to comprehend the strange behavior of Lady Beatrice manifested just this morning. 

 

As her usual morning routine and ordered by her Lady, she went to prepare the bath. It is well known in the estate that Lady Beatrice cherished her bath time so preparing it should be thoroughly and properly done or else... Marielle involuntary gulped just the mere thought of no-good things will happen if you dissatisfied her.

 

Before she was designated by Sir Nico, the butler of the Marquess Croix’s estate, many warnings and scary stories reached to her. The recent story was the former maid that she replaced a week ago. The poor maid was harshly fired by the order of none other than Lady Beatrice. On the day of the incident, it appeared that there are no available stocks left for the Lady’s favorite lavender oil for her bath due to the last drought happened in the west.

 

The drought in the west massively affected the trading industry of the entire Aland dukedom. The Aland Dukedom is known in its rich agriculture and mining; however, flower fields are not one of its focus areas.

 

Afraid of informing the Lady, the former maid decided to put citrus oils in the Lady’s bath, which the latter noticed it immediately as she goes in the bathtub. The hot brewed tea beside the bathtub was thrown to the maid by angry Lady Beatrice that scarred the left arm of the maid, and the story didn’t just stop there as Marielle also learned that that the unfortunate maid had nails scratches on the face, neck, and arms which obviously incurred by her lady’s wrath. It is also become her great reminder to always carefully double check the needs of her lady are always ready and available.

 

After everything is set properly, she went back straight to the Lady’s room.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Lady Beatrice. It is your maid, Marielle.”, as she called behind the doors.

 

“…”

 

“Why there is no answer? Did she sleep again?”, Marielle talked to herself.

 

“My Lady?”, she called again.

 

With a long silence, Lady Beatrice finally replied, “Come in.”

 

Marielle gently opened the door and stepped inside the room. Lowering her head, she informed Lady Beatrice, “My Lady, your bath is ready.”

 

“Ah yes, thank you.”

 

“Thank you? Did she hear it right? Lady Beatrice did thank her?”, Marielle would like to lift her head and peek her lady’s face, but scared to do it, she remained herself looking down as her normal way to the lady.

 

Lady Beatrice, then, stood up and act to step out the room. As Marielle ready to follow, her lady stopped and a few moments, turned back to her.

 

“Marielle, go ahead first and I will follow you from behind.”

 

“Lady?”, bewilderingly replied by Marielle.

 

“Do I have to repeat myself?”

 

“I humbly apologized, my Lady. Yes, I will go ahead first.”, she quickly replied.

 

Marielle did her Lady’s order. She went ahead, but curiosity mixed with perplexity was thrumming beneath her skin.

 

****-------****

 

With relief, Lady Beatrice took her bath silently. Marielle strangely seems to notice that her lady looked thinking deeply while sitting down embracing both knees, curled up in the bathtub. Her dark sky-blue eyes really appeared mystic.

 

After the bath, Marielle help in dressing up Lady Beatrice.

 

“Marielle.”

 

“Yes, My Lady?”, Marielle was shocked by the sudden call of her name, but able to calm herself to respond.

 

“What are my schedules today?”

 

“Today, My Lady, you were invited by Lady Isabelle Rosalla for a tea party this afternoon.”

 

 “I don’t feel well. Send a letter of apology that I would not be able to attend to her tea party.”

 

“You don’t feel well, My Lady?” Marielle stepped back and lowered her head once again. “I am sorry to not notice it immediately. I will call the physician right away. I’ll guide you to your room first, My Lady.”

 

“No, no.”, Lady Beatrice shook her hand and stopped her while replying.

 

Surprised by the respond and unusual hand gesture of the Lady, Marielle once again confused, “My Lady?”

 

“I mean, no need to call the physician and don’t let anyone knows about it. All I need is some rest. Ehem. Please don’t make me repeat myself.”, answered in low tone.

 

Marielle flinched. “Yes, My Lady as you said.”

 

“Let’s go back to my room.”

 

“Yes, My Lady.”

 

****-------****

 

After returning from the bathroom, “Marielle before you leave, give me some pen and paper.”

 

“Yes, My Lady”.

 

With the pen and paper on the table, Marielle, then, left Roanne alone lying in her bed as she pretended that she is feeling under the weather today.

 

Confirmedly that Marielle already gone in the room, she immediately jumped out from the bed.  She just hoped that the maid, Marielle, did not find her indifferently. She tried to look compose and calm, but her blood inside was vibratingly echoing of worries while conferring to Marielle earlier. “I think I am going crazy,” as she mumbled while biting her right thumb. Unconsciously, she was walking back and forth, circling her room.

 

“How this happened? All I remembered that I was lying on the verge of death. I was stabbed by a crazy man. Now, the romance novel that I purchased that night, its villainess, Beatrice Delavine Croix, became who I am today. What should I do? I haven’t completely read the novel. I only know that what awaits to the villainess Beatrice was a cruel death.  I only knew the gist of the story, ONLY the summary and the marketing ads of the book.”

 

Through the pen and paper given by Marielle, she started to write what was she only knew about the story.

 

The villainess, Beatrice Delavine Croix, daughter of Marquess Croix, is the top candidate to be engaged to the Duke Aland’s heir, Zeke Audric Aland. She and Zeke were childhood friends that later on, she fell in love with him. Knowingly a spoiled woman, Beatrice tried everything at her hands to get the affection of Zeke which the latter finds annoyingly. She followed everywhere the young heir and when she found him, she clings to him like a leech.

 

The heroine of the novel, Canaria de Brishen, illegitimate daughter of Count Brishen, caught the attention of the young heir, Zeke, that caused the wrath and hatred of villainess Beatrice towards to heroine Canaria.

Villainess Beatrice bullied and planned wicked schemes to heroine Canaria. As a result of her evil doings to the heroine, it leads the ruins of the Marquess family and her cruel death.

 

As Roanne tried to crack the brain of the body that she already obtained, flashes of memories came to her. The memories of real Beatrice Delavine Croix started to come in.

 

… as it likely became part of her own memories. Is this what they called reincarnation?


Previous: Chapter One
Next: Chapter Three

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN Thack!   Lady Beatrice put all the gathered books that caught her interest on the table. She firstly thought that she should...