WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN


Thack!

 

Lady Beatrice put all the gathered books that caught her interest on the table. She firstly thought that she should learn about the history and nobility.

 

It was a great blessing that the real Beatrice’s knowledge in reading and understanding of the language did not fail her. Moreover, she was surprised that she could also read books with ancient language.

           

“Did Beatrice have this high intelligence at the outset? Or it was caused by my transmigration?”, she thought surprisingly. It seemed that the lady is a fast learner. With surprise, everything that she read, she easily remembered and retained it in her brain. The real lady likely had a photographic memory when it comes to books. To the point, she wished for herself with amazement that if only she had this intelligence in her previous life, she might be willing to study medicine or law. After learning about it, she somehow was disappointed to the real Beatrice that she only wasted it on planning and implementing wicked schemes in order to get the attention of the male lead. “What a waste?!”

 

“But now, it won’t be just a waste.”, she proclaimed.

 

“What do you mean, My Beatrice?”

 

By the unexpected question and sudden appearance of the Marquess in the Library, Lady Beatrice surprisingly stood up from her seat. “Marq— Father?”, with unintentional remark, she cleared her throat before answering again with calmness. “Father, you surprised me.”

 

“I am sorry if I did surprise you.”

 

“Are you here for some books?”

 

“Yes, I am. Nevertheless, what are you muttering to yourself?... About something waste?”, he asked curiously.

 

She shook her head and abruptly denied, “Ah— it was nothing father. I was just lost in reading. This book is about History. Wars, you know, I just put profuse empathy that I inadvertently spoke it loudly, Father.”

 

“Hmm… It seems that history really caught your interest, my dear. Then, would you like me to help you by allowing your father to recommend more good books.”, her father happily offered.

 

“Thank you, Father, that will be helpful.”, she exhilaratingly agreed.

 

 

****-------****

 

 

“You’ll also be starting to attend the University next year. If you really wanted to learn in advance why not ask your brother Ronald to send you books from the University, My Beatrice. It will be more helpful”, the Marques suggested to her.

 

“That is not possible?”

 

“Of course not, My Beatrice, and your brother would love to attend whatever you request from him.”

 

“I will do that, father. Thank you for your great suggestion. Father and brother are really angels to me given by heaven.”

 

“Angel? That is pretty unusual portrayal for an old man like me.”, the Marquess chuckled.

 

“Handsome and cool Angel, I stand to correct.”, she added teasingly with facts.

 

“You really made me happy with your play of words, My Beatrice.”, Marquess said and patted her head.  

 

“It is not a play of words. You know I never lied, Father.” She said and added in her mind, “at least me on this matter as Roanne”

 

“Marielle, where is my pen and paper?”, she asked.

 

“I already prepared it on your study table, My Lady”

 

Taking the suggestion of her father, Lady Beatrice decided to write a letter to her brother who was currently attending in its first year in the University.

 

“Thank you, Marielle.” She approached the study table and sat down on the chair and picked up the pen but…

 

“Is there something wrong, My Lady,” curiously asked by Marielle seeing her not writing.

 

“It’s just that I don’t know what would the right greeting I should make to my brother.”, she answered.

 

Gaining some memories of brother Ronald, she still can’t help to feel edgy in communicating with the said brother. She was yet adapting her life now as Lady Beatrice.

 

Consciously, Ronald is a caring and loving brother that spoiled the growing Lady Beatrice. “No doubt why the real Beatrice acted too highly and live in arrogance. She was taught that she can get everything that she wanted”.   

 

“Then, why not inquiring about Sir Ronald’s good health.”, recommended by Marielle.

 

“You’re right, what can I do without you, Marielle.”, she said thankfully.

 

With the sudden praise, Marielle blushed and bowed. “It is my pleasure, My Lady.”

 

Just like a student, she made drafts of the letter until she was satisfied that it was perfectly done. Then, she transferred it to another new blank paper with beautiful and clear curves of writing.

 

 

****-------****

 

 

“Madam Roselle, this is the list of books that I would like to order.”, handed down by Ronald.

 

“Weren’t you already bought these books just last two weeks, Sir Ronald.”, asked by the assigned personnel in the bookstore inside the premise of the University.

 

“Yes, I did.”, he agreed. “It is for my lil’ sister who will attend next year here.” He continued.

 

“Your sister?” Madam Roselle involuntary gulped hearing his answer.

 

“Yes. Then, when will it all be available, I would love to send it immediately to my lil’ sister.”, happily said by Ronald.

 

“Tomorrow, it will be ready, Sir.”

 

“Is that so, okay. Then, I’ll be back tomorrow to pick it up.”

 

“Yes, Sir Zeke. Thank you for buying the books.” At that moment, Ronald went out from the Bookstore.

 

Unknowingly by Sir Ronald, Madam Roselle was left in the state of confusion. It was known that Sir Ronald’s sister was an evil cunning lady who is madly in love with the young heir of Duke Aland. Further, she was popular to be materialistic. The lady loves expensive dresses and jewelries. So, it was astonishingly to hear that the lady asked for books from her brother. Reading the list of books given by Sir Ronald, Madam Roselle shook her head with disbelief.

 

 

****-------****

 

 

Finishing his agenda from the Bookstore, Ronald went straight to the dormitory. When he was already in his bedroom, he picked up the letter on the side table that he received from his sister, then, sat down on the bed. After staying for a month in the dormitory, he was so happy that his lil’ sister finally sent him a reply. He can’t help himself to re-read it for many times.

 

“Dear My Beloved Brother,

Have you been well? I hope you’re eating healthy foods and having enough rest. Father and I are doing well here.

I apologized for belatedly writing to you. It has been a month since you left the estate. And I miss you so much that I wish I could visit you immediately.

Nevertheless, by next year, I will be able to attend the university together with you. The idea of studying with you, Brother, is enough to excite me and looking forward on it. For your information, I have been studying hard here in the estate to prepare myself. I have been reading a lot of books now. With this regard, if it not be too burden for you, I would like to ask a favor, Brother. I would like to ask if you could send me books from the University for my advance learning. I would be very much happy if you could grant my request.  

Moreover, Father already knew about this, but I would also like to inform you. It may be true that I once was madly in love to the young heir of Duke Aland, but by contemplating these past few weeks, I realized that it was merely infatuation. I would like to take this an opportunity to apologize to you, Brother, if it did cause you unpleasantries. I have no excuse.

I have learned that I am living dependently on you and father. That I conclude, I haven’t making myself useful enough or reciprocating the hard work and love that both of you and father provided to me. But from now on, and I promise, I will change for the better that you and father will be proud of me in the future.


Lovingly,

 

Your Sister, Beatrice.

 

Previous: Chapter Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

WHY THE HEROINE BECAME THE VILLAINESS? - Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN Thack!   Lady Beatrice put all the gathered books that caught her interest on the table. She firstly thought that she should...